The Tour - 2021 Prices
The cost of the tour is *£1185 per person which includes:
- A seven day Holiday with Return Flights with British Airways from London Heathrow to Budapest. Collection and return from Budapest airport to the hotel.
- Half board at the 4 star hotel Villa Volgy in Eger.
- Daily Trips to a variety of outstanding birdwatching sites.
*If you would prefer to make your own travel arrangements you can remove £195 from the total cost. There is a £95.00 excess charge for single travellers.
Short Break Special
Due to popular demand we are now also offering our guests a special 3 night/4day tour for only £525 per person.
- 3 nights bed and breakfast at the hotel Villa Volgy in Eger with trips to local outstanding Birdwatching sites.
- Customers are free to arrange their own means of transport to Hungary and will be collected and delivered if necessary to Budapest Airport.
- All European lovers of wildlife, outstanding scenery and fine wine are welcome on this short break.
* There is a £65.00 excess charge for single travellers.
The following varied excellent bird-watching sites are within one hour of the hotel.
This is one of Europe's greatest locations with Egrets, Herons and wetland birds apparently everywhere and easily viewable. It will require a guide from the National Park to view Great Bustard and Aquatic Warbler.
Excellent for Marsh Terns, Pygmy Cormorant and a variety of Herons and Egrets. The scrub at the side of the lake contains Red Backed Shrike (very common). River Warbler etc.
These border the hotel and consist of large areas of broadleaf woodland, vineyards and several lakes. Collared Flycatcher, Wood Warbler and Hawfinch are abundant. Scops Owl breed in the town park Eger and are easily seen (nest boxes are used). Areas of old Beech forest have Red Breasted Flycatcher, White Backed Woodpecker and Ural Owl. Lesser Spotted, Middle Spotted, Syrian, Grey Headed and Black Woodpeckers are all common and widely distributed in the forest.
Bodrogzug and Tisza Floodplains.
Excellent for Corncrake, Little Crake, Black Kite, Black Stork, Icterine Warbler and Saker Falcon. Immature White Tailed Sea Eagle and Osprey are common on passage.
Fishpond systems are also excellent places to visit; for a whole variety of Eastern European species.